Northern New York Veterans Outreach Center
On Oct 1st 2013 the UCD began offering services to Northern New York to include the Counties of Jefferson, ST. Lawrence and Lewis. Today we have an office located at 210 Franklin St, in Watertown NY. The Staff is second to none in the North country for helping Veterans and their families.
Services that can be found at the NNY VOC include:
- Case Management - Case Managers, and VA Social Workers work together to coordinate services on behalf of Veterans and their families in the areas of housing assistance, health care, and employment to assure the appropriate information is provided to individuals in an effort to coordinate the delivery of direct services to clients and their families.
- Referrals to V.A. Benefits - VA Representation is available at the Center on a weekly basis. VA Social Workers can enroll all qualifying Veterans in healthcare services through the VA and help them to access many other services which they may be eligible for.
- Food Pantry - Open during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday to all Veterans.
- Donation Room - Furniture, clothing, medical equipment and household items are available to Veterans and their families. Open during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday.
- Housing - SSVF is a housing first program in which the main priority is placing homeless Veteran's in housing. Other services include case management, assistance with VA benefits, employment, legal aid, and supportive services.
The CNY VOC staff work with the NNY VOC staff to ensure all needs are met.