Catskill Veterans Outreach Center
As word of the great services being offered by the CNY VOC spread throughout the region elected offices and Veteran Advocate took notice. In Oct of 2015 UCD was contacted by the County Veterans Rep from Delaware County and he asked if there was anything we could do to assist Veterans in his area. After about a year of planning the Catskill Veterans Outreach Center was formed. Currently we are on a two year lease with the Catskill Watershed Corporation for the property known as the Old Delaware Inn. Located in Stamford, NY. This project is getting off to a slow start but will move fast and provide the Catskill region with the same benefits as CNY and NNY have.
Future planned services include:
- Case Management - Case Managers, VA Social Workers, and the NYS Department of Labor work together to coordinate services on behalf of Veterans and their families in the areas of housing assistance, health care, and employment to assure the appropriate information is provided to individuals in an effort to coordinate the delivery of direct services to clients and their families.
- Referrals to Legal Assistance - Referrals made to Legal Aid on behalf of Veterans by Case Managers can help to expedite assistance on legal matters.
- Referrals to V.A. Benefits - VA Representation is available at the Center on a weekly basis. VA Social Workers can enroll all qualifying Veterans in healthcare services through the VA and help them to access many other services which they may be eligible for.
- Food Pantry - Open during regular business hours, Monday thru Saturday to all Veterans.
- Donation Room - Furniture, clothing, medical equipment and household items are available to Veterans and their families. Open during regular business hours, Monday thru Saturday.
- Free Internet Access - Free internet access from within our facilities.
- Transportation - A wheelchair accessible van is available to transport Veterans to and from the Rome VA Clinic and Syracuse VA Hospital.
- Housing - SSVF is a housing first program in which the main priority is placing homeless Veteran's in housing. Other services include case management, assistance with VA benefits, employment, legal aid, and supportive services.